images of my simple world.....

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Whew What a Wednesday.... Doctors and School Shopping and Broke Down Cars...

"To show a child what once delighted you, to find the child's delight added to your own - this is happiness." ~ John Boynton Priestley ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Today has been a heck of a day.. after an almost sleepless night.. Bad dreams.. Monsters.. water spitting rock Monsters in fact.. filled my night.. then up early to go with Em to another round of tests and examinations.. Seems like everywhere we went someone or a few someones had attitude problems.... one poor old soul had a diaper issue and then fanned herself at me.. waving her awful smell in our direction.. Finally we are walking down the hall to leave the medical center when ahead we see fire doors slamming and the sound of fire alarms begins.. I say to Em as we make our way out the door at the bottom of the stairs.. Jeez what in the world is going on.. she thinks it's a fire drill but I have never seen a drill at a clinic before.. Some young lady looks at me.. rolls her eyes.. and says "damn are you a retard.. it's a fire alarm.. ".. I am proud to say that she still lives.. we drove away wondering what really was going on as the patients were being led from the building.. some still wearing their paper gowns.. We thought we were headed home then but just down the road we blew a radiator hose.. and after a couple of hours on the3 side of the road.. Luke finally arrived and saved the day.. or at least that part of it.. we should have been home hours ago.. needless to say my blogs will suffer.. but I did have to take a minute to make my post.. Thanks for stopping by today.. Have a wonderful night! Patsy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Watery Wednesday~ ~ I think I'll pass on a swim in these waters.. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~ This one.. was taken from a box of a gazillion photo's I found at the recycling center.. I love this bridge.. I think It's the Golden gate but none of the Photo's are marked.. and as I have never actually seen the Golden Gate.. I can't swear that this is it... I can't imagine throwing my boxes of Pictures away.. Sepia Scenes 31 Photos in 31 Days~ Day 18- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7 comments:

  1. Definitely the Golden Gate. That is the Marin Headlands off in the distance. Beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bridge tooooooo:) Lovely photo in sepia:) Have a god day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie~ thanks for confirming for me.. I thought it looked good in sepia..

    Pialotta~ I love all bridges.. they don't make them as beautiful as they used to though..

    Thanks to all who stopped by.. Have a great day..
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the river monster as much as I do the sepia scene. I'd wager it was the Golden Gate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say I'm still laughing at "I'm proud to say that she still lives." I'm so sorry you had such a bad day. Here's hoping tomorrow is a better one. At first I thought that alligator was a log... then I saw the eye. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    Beautiful picture. I've never seen the Golden Gate bridge either. But it sure looks like ones I've seen in pictures. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2010/08/sepia-scenes_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, what a find! I hope you post more of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today!