images of my simple world.....

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday... Scenes.. Shadows .. and Shots from My Camera..

"The scenic ideals that surround even our national parks are carriers of a nostalgia for heavenly bliss and eternal calmness." ~ Robert Smithson "There's so little money in my bank account, my scenic checks show a ghetto. " ~ Phyllis Diller
* * * * * * * * * * 31 Photos in 31 Days~ Day #8
~ I love horses.. this small herd that lives near one of Dave's side jobs.. always comes close to the fence when we drive up.. It is almost as if they know I love to see them.. What a wonderful scene!!
* * * * * * * * * *
Pine trees cast long shadows over the ancient ones resting here.. We spotted this old vehicle graveyard while on a Sunday afternoon drive.. we just had to stop and snap a few photo's in the late afternoon shadows..
* * * * * * * * * *
See it Sunday~ Direction~
~ sometimes a sign gives useless directions as this
one did... the path is the following photo..
I didn't even try to follow these directions.. I'm pretty sure that I can't walk on water..
* * * * * * * * * *
~ The from youngest to oldest.. the girls enjoyed a splash in the wading pool at Kirstin's Birthday party.. Though this shot is straight from the camera.. I'm pretty sure I could adjust the colors and focus a little and maybe even split this into at least two other shots... Actually this was my least favorite of all the shots from the party.. Of course I have already worked on the ones I liked.. I am new to Straight from the camera.. I will have to write myself a not to leave some photos alone..
* * * * * * * * * *
Today has been long and tedious.. both phones ringing over and over.. some woman who swears we asked about a condo in the mountains.. calling my cell.. I'm pretty sure she has finally put me on her very own personal DO NOT CALL THIS CRAZY WOMAN EVER AGAIN list.. Then I can't find the very photo I want.. Typical day in my world.. Thanks for stopping by.. Have a grand Sunday afternoon!
Patsy
* * * * * * * * * *

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining in, today. What a great collection of photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today!