images of my simple world.....

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday.. and it's too Hot to Breath..

"Most things in life are moments of pleasure and a lifetime of embarrassment; photography is a moment of embarrassment and a lifetime of pleasure." ~ Tony Benn = = = = = = = = = = 31 one Photos in 31 days! Day 5! ~ This is the incredible stained glass window at the Hard Rock Cafe in Myrtle Beach- South Carolina! ~ But this window photo that my Daughter Emily snapped is my all time favorite photograph of a window.. Part of the ruins at The Shamrock Hotel... It is found on Main Street In Blackville SC.. Once a thriving family business .. and center of a rich social scene.... you can read about it's rich heritage here.. Weekday Photos~ Urban #10~ Window! = = = = = = = = = = Shoot Me! ... #1 of 52 weeks.. I sorta got a late start! Shoot me would like for us Moms to stop hiding behind our camera . They think that the family is missing us in the picture. They would like for each of us.. me and you.. to post a picture of our self every Thursday with our child.. spouse.. friend.. dog, or even alone.. . Just get in the picture they say... And if you haven't done this before.. you can just jump in now with 1 of 52.. if I can do it.. you can do it! ~ Me and my Son~ In~ Law.. Luke .. I bet he will believe me next time I say don't walk there.. and now he knows that I know where there is at least one pit of quick sand.. You will notice that my own legs and feet are spotlessly clean.. = = = = = = = = = = Alphabe-Thursday ~ and this week's "rainbow summer school" color is Orange ~ This was one of the most beautiful sunsets I ever experienced.. The sky appeared to be on fire going through a range of colors.. crimson.. Magenta.. and finally Orange.. and then suddenly.. Darkness.. Dave and I stood together.. holding hands on Edisto island and watched this beautiful sunset.. one of our very few trips there without the gaggle of kids in tow.. = = = = = = = = = = Yard Art Thursday~ ~ St Francis Of Assisi stands near the walkway that will carry you around my house to the critter gardens.. The Patron Saint of Animals he has his hands full here protecting everything from snakes and dogs to chickens.. there is even a fat hog back there in the critter garden.. every once in a while I see a bird or frog sitting out there on his shoulder.. Have a wonderful Day! Patsy = = = = = = = = = = Buttons of today!~ Forever In Blue Jeans

12 comments:

  1. I love the beautiful orange sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pics patsy! lovin this blog!

    hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm laughing about your clean legs and your son-in-law not understand that Mama knows best...too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though orange is far from my favorite color, its display in magnificent sunrises and sunsets can't be beat. Spectacular.

    At 65, I've done it! My poetry book - Life's Journey by Carmen Henesy - is out on Amazon!
    ( Poems about the things that have been important to me in my journey through life, some humorous, some sad, some that may have meaning to you as well )
    http://www.amazon.com/Lifes-Journey-1-Carmen-Henesy/dp/1451547366/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274652997&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Rainbow Orange in your sunset! Great shot!

    Have a lovely weekend,

    LOLA:)

    PS Mine this time is HERE. Hope you can stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great images today. I can't choose a favorite (lying: I adore the sunset!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the sunset image,
    sweet title,
    love your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great orange sunset. I do think all of your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous orange sunset!

    And I love the muddy jeans picture, too. Quicksand. Oh, that used to be the stuff of nightmares for me!

    What a fun stop on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursdays Rainbow summer school.

    Thanks for linking this week.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great group of pictures! I esp. love the sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, awesome photos, Beautiful Sunset!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today!