images of my simple world.....

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Post # Two for Tuesday! Something New..

"Photography records the gamut of feelings written on the human face, the beauty of the earth and skies that man has inherited, and the wealth and confusion man has created. It is a major force in explaining man to man." ~ Edward Steichen ============================ Something Brand New!.. New to me at least! Some of you Photographers who visit here might like to check them out too.. Shutter Day- Theme 182: From The Hip... ~ Emily walks away after demanding that I put away the camera.. HA! I got her anyway!... ~This Photo Challenge meme is brand new to me.. each week they give us a new and exciting challenge.. this one was From the Hip.. you were supposed to make a photo from a low vantage point without looking at the view finder.. I do that all the time.. Emily says she just knows someone will kill me for taking their picture some day.. she says I am a danger to take shopping or even to the doctors office.. I usually just point and shoot and might have a half gazillion photos before we head home.. truthfully I have to delete most of them that are one foot or a ugly tree stump.. But every so often I get a good one like this one from last week.. Emily fusses if she catches me.. as soon as I tell her I want to drive the cart and toss my bag into the seat part.. she knows what I am up too.. I also make photos brazenly in grocery stores and restaurants.. Most of the time the people there think I am a mystery shopper and give me wonderful service.. What can I say.. I might need a photo of a hamburger or a head of lettuce.... and if someone goes out in public dressed like they do.. well.. at least I am kind enough not to show faces.. You never know when I might need a photo of a sandal foot with holey toe socks.. or green hair with a black polka dot bow.. and I'll have them if I see them.. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day Patsy

2 comments:

  1. I think you are giving me ideas that may get me into trouble....but then again maybe it will be worth it. LOL!
    Love the post and your humor!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, it's refreshing to know I'm not the only person sneaking pictures, and taking shots of things no one else would look at. I always have the camera with me in a supermarket. And in public. And when I'm riding my bike. And well.....everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today!