images of my simple world.....

Monday, August 9, 2010

Oh What a day.. Monday in Overdrive!

"Every sorrow suggests a thousand songs, and every song recalls a thousand sorrows, and so they are infinite in number, and all the same." ~ Marilyn Robinson
* * * * * * * * * *
31 Photos in 31 Days~ ~ Maya looks cool and beautiful in her dress of BLUE! This child fears nothing and I have wonderful photo's to prove it..
~ this little guy is sharp as a tack....
Pants... vest.. and tie.. wouldn't that be a three piece suit..
* * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * *
~ Dainty blooms on feathery vines attract the colorful humming birds to my yard.. I love to watch them sip from the bright ruby red blossoms.. ~ early in the morning these tiny four o'clock blooms are puckered tightly closed.. they will open their petals wide and release their wonderful scents late in the afternoon.... filling my yard with beauty and their heady perfume...
I have several different solid colors and this plant that has a pink and white striped bloom..
* * * * * * * * * *
Today has been a typical Monday.. Bad dreams had me up before the chickens..and in the grocery store with the sun-up.. the front end manager was joking.. asking if I wanted to make her picture.. I guess they are getting used to me bringing my camera shopping with me.. I saw a few things I would have loved to have made pictures of today.... an outfit on a lady in the doctors office..I think she was wearing her daughters clothes... too tight.. too short.. too little.. a drunk on a moped going down a busy highway crisscrossing the road.. I was so annoyed and grateful when Emily was finally able to pass him.... A car that I think used ..to be at least two cars... You couldn't tell rather it was coming or going.. it was about 15 different colors..and I believe had a trunk for a hood.. Some beautiful fields of hay... and a few other ODDS and ends.. Even though Emily threatened to take my camera at least twice today.. I still managed to get a few shots... All in all it was just another Monday.. Thankfully it is almost over.. and YAY!! I made it through.. thanks for stopping by my blog today.. I hope you have great night!
Patsy

6 comments:

  1. Happy Blue Monday! What gorgeous photos you take! Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos all. The children are delightful, your daughter and the handsome one in his three piece suit!!! And, of course, the flowers add so much to our lives, don't they?

    At 65, I've done it! My poetry book - Life's Journey by Carmen Henesy - is out on Amazon!
    ( Poems about the things that have been important to me in my journey through life, some humorous, some sad, some that may have meaning to you as well )
    http://www.amazon.com/Lifes-Journey-1-Carmen-Henesy/dp/1451547366/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274652997&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I love your pics !
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  4. That water looks refreshing! happy Blue Monday on my first blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are beautiful...I especially love your daughter against that blue water in her blue outfit! gorgeous flowers as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today!