images of my simple world.....

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday.. Hot and still no rain..But I went on a Wonderful Photo ride with my Honey..

"No matter how advanced your camera you still need to be responsible for getting it to the right place at the right time and pointing it in the right direction to get the photo you want."
~ Ken Rockwell = = = = = = = = = = 31 Photos in 31 Days- Day 12.... ~ These great old milk bottles were some of the treasures that my son ... Anthony.. and I found while we were plundering around an old house... The wooden cow my beloved husband.. Dave... found at a flea market and immediately knew that she would look great on our top pantry shelf with all of my old bottles..
Weekday Photos~Urban #11 This weeks theme: Milk package/ bottle = = = = = = = = = = = = Alphabe-Thursday's Rainbow Summer School - Yellow!
~ Emily chose yellow as her wedding color.. I was sure I wouldn't like it but I must admit.. it was very beautiful..
~ Hey That's me.. and would you look at those ties.. I can't believe she actually got Cooper to wear a yellow tie.. He must Love his sister an awful lot.. He has always said that yellow made his skin cry..and creep.. I could never figure that out exactly.. when he was little he refused yellow and anything that might even be related to yellow.. orange.. and most Greens were off limits.. I must tell you though that as soon as the photos were done.. that tie was history! Shoot Me! ~ Week 2!
= = = = = = = = = = ~ this shot of one of my suns with the macro setting of my camera turned out great! I have these smiling Sunshine faces hanging around in a few places.. trees and posts and even some planters are graced by the sun in my jungle of a yard..
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.. I hope that you found something here worthy of your time.. Maybe you even smiled.. I welcome comments.. Have a wonderful day!!
Patsy
= = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Forever In Blue Jeans

7 comments:

  1. yellow is perfect for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that yellow for a wedding is a lovely change from all the awful black and brown that I've seen this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yellow is very pretty, especially contrasted with those lovely flowers. Looks like it was a beautiful wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was pleased with the yellow in the wedding..even though I am not really a fan of that color.. and I agree that is was a refreshing change from the blacks and browns or even Bright red that are so often seen in weddings now.. The old time ladies used to have all these saying for wedding colors.. I remember my Grandma saying married with green.. ashamed to be seen.. Haha!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today! have a great day!
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't think of yellow as a great wedding color, but that is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful wedding. My wedding was yellow and lime green. It was not nearly as cute as this one! Your daughter is lovely. And your son looks quite handsome in his yellow tie. And how did you escape wearing a yellow dress my dear?

    I think I would like hanging out with you. Exploring old houses is right up my alley!

    Thanks for the fun link!

    It was great visiting you.

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today!