images of my simple world.....

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday .. the Dogs Walked Me in the Pouring Rain....

"Life is the fire that burns and the sun that gives light. Life is the wind and the rain and the thunder in the sky. Life is matter and is earth, what is and what is not, and what beyond is in Eternity." ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca # # # # #
~ every morning in my world begins with fresh hot coffee.. Black! .. The Scuppernongs hang golden on the vine... It appears that they are almost ripe...
.... I had to taste test a few ... ~ YUMMY!!
.. and there is Okra to be cut.. this will be wonderful cooked up with some fresh Tomatoes.. or maybe fried..
~ This is My World right now...
I stood in the front door to make this rainy photo.. The rain is pouring down.. puddles everywhere..I sure am glad the dogs walked me before it got this bad.. we were clean across the field following a mouse and not paying much attention to the sky when suddenly I caught a whiff of something on the wind.. Bonnie sniffed and turned and head down tried to drag Clyde and I back to the house as fast as her very pregnant belly would let her... Poor baby was soaked through before we made it back.. after a brisk drying off with a couple of towels warmed in the dryer... she curled up in her already ready mommy cage and went to sleep..
# # # # #
~ The red and gray fabric of my favorite backpack.. it holds cameras.. notebook.. pens and pencils and crochet thread.. knitting needles and crochet hooks.. I drag it with me almost everywhere..
# # # # #

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't start my day without coffee, but unfortunately, due to pregnancy, I'm limited to decaf until February :-(. I would love to grow my own fruit and vegetables, but it's too cold where I live...what does okra taste like, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures. I love okra. They're slimey, but real yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today!