images of my simple world.....

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday.. Cool.. But Still a Wonderful Day!

"Each word bears its weight, so you have to read my poems quite slowly." ~ Anne Stevenson ======================== - Sepia Scenes #124-
Watery Wednesday #131- ======================== - White Wednesday #91
======================== Wordless Wednesday-
Riding past this Huge old building day after day I wondered what it had once been.. turning off of the main road I twisted and turned around the crooked block to find the front of the monstrosity.. it really is a large building and even now dwarfs it's neighbors.. I still am not sure what the building was.. If I was going to make a guess I would say it was once a mercantile.. or a general store.. I love the slatted wooden shutters and the double doors.. I really wanted to go adventuring inside but Dave was against that idea and couldn't be bribed or budged.. he didn't agree that the open door on the front was eerily inviting...
======================
Thanks for stopping by my world today.. I hope you enjoyed your visit.. Did you smile?..
I welcome comments and followers.. Have a great day!
Patsy

11 comments:

  1. I most definitely did (smile) Patsy!!! :-)
    What a gorgeous structure, and I am always so tempted to go inside these too, but probably not a good idea! Sometimes I do peek though!

    Thank you so much for sharing this at The Creative Exchange today.

    Have a wonderful evening!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -what a fascinating old building! It must have been tempting to peek inside and try to imagine its history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That building does look quite fascinating... love the old building in your first picture as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative set of photos. I like the Swamp the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sepia vignette but most especially, the old crumbling building at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I enjoyed my visit and yes, I smiled :-) I would really be interesting what it looks like inside... Wonderful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved that first picture. It was the greatest. Now the big house. I would have had to explore more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have soooo gone with you inside. I love seeing old buildings like this and wondering about their past life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the old building; wish I had been with you I might have gone in; at least I'd stood at the door while you did so!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today!