images of my simple world.....

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Mercury Creeps Down and the Sky Fluffs Up!.. Weather Girl Coos Snow!

"Nature scarcely ever gives us the very best; for that we must have recourse to art." ~ Baltasar Gracian # # # # # # # # # #
" Steeple Chase"- #1- Saint Paul Baptist Church
I admire Church steeples.. I have always loved them.. I like the fancy ones with bells that chime or the simple ones with no adornments.. I love to make pictures of them.. sometimes I make a straight shot of them but honestly.. for whatever strange reason.. I like to make photos of them from weird angles.. I have even thrown myself down on the ground to get a wild shot of a steeple.. for as long as I can I will share a "Steeple Chase" shot every Sunday..
# # # # # # # # # # # #
My two great nieces joined me on a "Steeple Chase".. we had a rip roaring good time.. these are two of my favorite photos from our journey!
# # # # # # # # # #
Thanks for stopping by today.. we are expecting freezing rain and snow later tonight and maybe tomorrow.. I will be doing my best to stay warm and dry.. I hope you will do the same.. I welcome comments and followers.. Have a great day!
Patsy

7 comments:

  1. I like shooting photos are odd angles too. I think it gives the image more personality. I like the perspective on your steeple shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!! why wasn't I invited steeple chasing your daughter and granddaughter would have liked to come with you and phoebe and the girls!! oh and that picture of me is almost exactly 2 years old!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last two photos, just great. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The two girls looking in the window is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first shot is AMAZING. Love the perspective and the angles and... wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today!