images of my simple world.....

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Remember the Critters in this Heat!

"Zoo: An excellent place to study the habits of human beings." ~ Evan Esar Camera Critters Camera Critters #121~
~ "I didn't do it.. I swear on my Granny's stripes! "
" Hey Man.. they think the Zebra did it..
No ugly yellow tape around us!" ~
~~
" Jump on in here..
We'll show you how it's done!" ~
~~ I make a lot of jokes like this one about the animals having committed some crime.. I'm sure the zebra was innocent and the tape was just to mark a new trail they were working on at the time.. they were in fact doing some major renovations at the zoo the day we were there... But one thing that is NOT a joke is the affect the heat has on all animals.. they can suffer from heat exhaustion just like we can.. please remember the wildlife in your area by making a place for them to rest and find water in your yard.. if you have pets please do NOT leave them in your car.. and be warned I have reported many animals in cars and will always do so.. I report kids left in cars too.. imagine that!!.. though your dogs are cute all dressed up in that shirt it is too hot for this weather.. save it till Christmas.. saucers of cool water placed in the shade will attract birds to bathe and play.. a sprinkler is even better.. a muddy spot will attract beautiful butterflies and frogs to sing you a bellowing song.. Oh what fun you will have!! we are having a major heat wave here in the south.. do all you can to stay cool and please remember the animals..! Have a great day!
Patsy

6 comments:

  1. So funny. Love the way you put the conversation. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an important message about keeping animals cool in this heat...and, whatever are parents thinking, leaving children in a car!! Good for you to report this. It's far better than to have a little one die.

    At 65, I've done it! My poetry book - Life's Journey by Carmen Henesy - is out on Amazon!
    ( Poems about the things that have been important to me in my journey through life, some humorous, some sad, some that may have meaning to you as well )
    http://www.amazon.com/Lifes-Journey-1-Carmen-Henesy/dp/1451547366/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274652997&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when people leave animals out in weather like this. It has been hot here in PA and I have a neighbor that leaves his beautiful Sharpeis outside and they don't have much shade. I want to bop him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very great blog,my kids always look forward to a visit in a zoo and seeing exotic animals such as these!carry on,more power!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruthi~ Thanks.. Glad to make you giggle..

    RN Sane~ Great job on publishing your book.. I want to do that too..

    The Mistress of the dark~ I am always amazed and angered at just how crazy some folks are.. we have seen tiny babies left in cars in hot summer.. I once parked next to a car and we wondered if the infant was a doll or a child and decided it was a doll.. we later discovered it was a child that had perished in the 105* weather that day.. Crazy..

    Shawie~ I love animals.. especially birds of any kind.. glad you enjoyed the visit..

    Thanks to everyone who visited with me today.. Have a wonderful day!
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, I think I read that comic line somewhere but I forgot about it. Nice pictures of the zebra, rhino and lion.

    My 1st time to join CC. Have a great weekend!

    My Camera Critter Entry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today!