images of my simple world.....

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fall Festivals With Beauty and Fun! Dave and I Went There on a "Date"..

"I saw old Autumn in the misty morn stand shadowless like silence, listening to silence." ~ Thomas Hood * * * * * * * * * * ... Foto Finish - Autumn
.. I love the holiday decorations that will be showing up on porches all over town from now till the end of the month..
* * * * * * * * * * *
Macro Flowers - #30.. .. One of the prizes at the small town Fall Festival was this beautiful mum.. I was thrilled to spot this heart shaped center in one of the blossoms.. I would have been doubly thrilled had I actually won the huge hanging basket....
* * * * * * * * * *
This photo of a hole doesn't look like anything special does it? We found this hole inside a fence near the festival.. we could see bowls of fruits and vegetables and some dishes of water scattered around.. the we spotted this hole...
~ Dave and I were wondering what could be hiding inside this deep hole.. we discussed the possibilities of what animals might dig a hole.. we finally decided to just point and shoot a photo of the hole and hope for the best.. some people who were poking a stick at the hole said there might be a turtle in there.. we could see that something was in there but we couldn't tell exactly what it was.. and I wasn't going to aggravate what ever it was with a stick.. so I slid my camera through the fence and then my hand went in with some twisting and turning.. and I shot a few pictures of a black hole...
Camera Critters ... Camera Critters - #130....
Up on the old train depot building at the festival they had a big fish tank with a bunch of these little critters inside.. they were hatch-lings .. who were hatched right there in Hilda.. They are turtles of some kind.. I knew then that I would be doing all I could to pull a photo out of the hole.. and finally after some brightening and contrast adjusting.. ... I was able to finally
.. see the parent turtle that was watching us from inside the hole... this is a pretty big turtle.. I would have like to have seen it on top of the ground..
* * * * * * * * * *
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.. I welcome both comments and followers.. Have a great day!
Patsy

6 comments:

  1. Now, you've go my curiosity up about that hole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! Thanks for playing Foto Finish. I love your jack-o-lantern autumn shot. Please come back again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures just me remind how much I can't wait until Halloween. It's one of my favorite Holidays and now we have a baby to celebrate with us too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan~ we must have spent an hour looking down that hole trying to figure out what it held.. the turtles are endangered and the tiny town has managed to hatch some to release back into the wild.. I thought that was awesome!

    Barbara~ I enjoyed it.. I'll be back!

    Klayblayk~ Thanks!

    CB~ I always loved Halloween.. it is my second favorite holiday.. I always dressed my babies up.. I still have a sack made from burlap that says sugar on it.. My youngest was a sack of sugar for at least two years.. she was so tiny..

    Thanks to all who visited me here today! Have a great day!
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today!