images of my simple world.....

Monday, August 8, 2011

A Fresh New Day.. Hot Already...

" A lake is the landscape's most beautiful and expressive feature.
It is earth's eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature. "
~ Henry David Thoreau

* * * * * * * *


Summer Day at Richardson's Lake...






















Blue Monday-        Mellow Yellow Monday #133- 

* * * * * * * *

Today's Flowers-














Pumpkin Blossoms



Pretty in Pink..




I have lots of things flowering in my bucket jungle right now.. from Hosta's with long purple spikes to dainty cucumber flowers.. Today I chose these two..












* * * * * * * * * *

Macro Monday-


















August Break 2011-

* * * * * * * *

Thanks for stopping by my world today...it is hot here...  but even so I hope you
have enjoyed your visit.. .. I welcome both comments and followers..
Have a wonderful day!
Patsy

9 comments:

  1. A lovely post, great photos. Thank you for sharing these with Today's Flowers. I have really enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last photo is really interesting. Can't imagine what it is. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful series of photos.

    My share of blue, have a nice week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy- The curly part is a tie down for a dog.. it has been laying in that disk from a harrow for the last 20 years but yesterday it caught my eye.. years opf rust have given it character..

    Kim- Thanks for stopping by.. I love sharing..

    Denise- I love doing flower shots.. I have been known to even sneak on in the shopping center if no one is looking.. or pulling up on the side of the road where a yard is very beautiful.. I was trying to get a shot of a rose recently in the grocery store.. I heard someone mummbling behind me and then I heard the produce manager explain.. "oh That's just Patsy.. she's harmless she photographs us all the time.."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos!! Love the last shot - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos! Looks like a fun time at the lake. Love the macro shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad to see someone else who is infatuated with rust. I love it...and I love photographing it. It is always interesting to me the shades of red and brown that show up on the computer screen. Really like your shot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. really nice collection. That slide height gets me though. Wow
    http://reesspace.blogspot.com/2011/08/mellow-yellow-monday-beautiful-snacks.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me today!